Help me choose Office for Windows
|I want to:||Office 365 Pro Plus*||Office 2019 Professional Plus*||Office 2016 Professional Plus|
|Install Office on any computer
Your Office 365 account lets you install Office on up to 5 PCs or Macs, 5 tablets, and 5 smartphones
|Recommended||Not appropriate||Not appropriate|
|Install Office on a shared computer
Use this version for shared systems, lab systems, and systems that may not have a reliable connection to the Stanford network (either directly or via VPN); for faculty and staff on Stanford-owned computers only
|Not appropriate||Recommended||Not appropriate|
|Use Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Microsoft Project 2016, or Microsoft Visio 2016
Visio 2016 and Project 2016 are not compatible with Office 365 Pro Plus; use with Office 2016 Professional Plus; for faculty and staff on Stanford-owned computers only
|Not appropriate||Not appropriate||Recommended|
|Download||Office 365 ProPlus||Office 2019 Professional Plus||Office 2016 Professional Plus|
|*Office 365 Pro Plus and Office 2019 Professional Plus are functionally equivalent. Use Office 2019 Professional Plus only if Office 365 Pro Plus is not suitable for your needs.|
Help me choose Office for Mac
|I want to:||Office 365 Pro Plus|
|Use OS X 10.10 or later||Recommended|
|Use OS X 10.7, 10.8, or 10.9*||Not appropriate|
|Download||Office 365 ProPlus|
|*Office 365 provides access to its apps in the browser, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. See How to Access Office Online and OneDrive.|
- = Recommended
- See What version of Office am I using? if you want to know which version of Office you currently have installed.
- See Uninstalll Office from a PC or Uninstall Office for Mac for instructions on how to remove Office.
- See Microsoft Office Resources for information about getting software for personal and academic use, support, and training.
For Windows users
- Office 365 Pro Plus is not compatible with the Windows installer versions of Visio 2016 and Project 2016 that are available from Essential Stanford Software. See Office installed using Click-to-Run and Windows Installer on same computer isn't supported for more information. (Click-to-run is the technology used to install Office 365 Pro Plus; Windows Installer technology (MSI) is the technology used to install Visio 2016 and Project 2016.)
- Office 365 Pro Plus is fully compatible with Project 2019 Professional and Viso 2019 Professional, available on Essential Stanford Software. Click-to-Run technology is used to install Project 2019 and Visio 2019.
- Make sure all versions of Office, Visio, and Project are either 32-bit or 64-bit. You can’t have a mix of both. (Essential Stanford Software distributes the 32-bit version of all.)
- See Microsoft Office Resources for information about activating Microsoft Office Professional Plus.