Kerberos provides secure authentication for various services at Stanford, such as Stanford OpenAFS.
- For Windows, a utility called Network Identity Manager provides the graphical user interface for managing Kerberos functions.
- For Mac, Kerberos is built in to Mac OS X. Kerberos Commander configures Kerberos for use at Stanford.
- Kerberos for Windows: 3.2.2
- Kerberos Commander for Mac: 5.5.6
- Windows 7 and later
- Mac OS X 10.7 and later
- Current faculty, staff, and students
- If an application at Stanford requires Kerberos authentication (e.g., Stanford OpenAFS) you should be logged in to Kerberos before launching the application. If you want a convenient way to manually initiate a Kerberos login, install Stanford Desktop Tools.
- Your Kerberos authentication is in effect for 25 hours.