The Shared Email service is typically used by departments that need a general email address, by student organizations and clubs to share information, and by workgroups large and small to collaborate with co-workers.
You can choose to use your Shared Email in two ways:
- Group mailbox: Mail sent to the Shared Email address can be sent to a mailbox accessible to all group members. You can read mail in this account using Webmail or a desktop email program, such as Outlook.
- Forwarding address: Mail sent to the Shared Email address can be forwarded to a mailing list or to the designated individual mailbox of each group member. You can forward up to three address, which can be a combination of lists and individuals.
The Shared Email service is available by request.
- 100 GB of email storage
- Use Webmail or a desktop email program to access your shared mailbox
- Access to shared mailboxes is managed via Workgroup Manager
To create a shared mailbox:
- Sponsor a shared email account. The mailbox must be sponsored by a Stanford faculty member, manager (as defined by Human Resources), or individual who has been expressly granted the privilege to sponsor.
- Complete and submit the Shared Email Request form. The form requests the sponsor's SUNet ID.