University IT provides hosting services for campus clients who want to operate their equipment in a secure, centrally managed data center.
- Access to SUNet services, including 10G connectivity
- Access to SAN and NAS services (Forsythe and NDCCH)
- Preexisting, standard 19-inch racks with full cable management
- Installation and disposal services
- Inventory, Shipping and Receiving services
- Sufficient power for all installed equipment
- Secured entry with 24/7 video surveillance
- 24/7 environmental monitoring
- Controlled humidity and temperature
- Fire detection and suppression systems
- Water intrusion sensors
- An Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) to protect against power anomalies
- Battery backup and standby generators to maintain normal operations during a utility outage
Current university faculty, staff, departments and other affiliate groups (Carnegie, SLAC, SHC, SCH).
Clients are required to comply with all Stanford University Administrative Guidelines for Computing.
UIT Managed Data Center space is in compliance with the Information Security Office MinSec requirements for Moderate and High-Risk data.
Rates vary by rack unit, full rack, and square foot. Learn more about pricing here.
Requests for server/hardware installations, cabling, and removal of hardware must be submitted via the University IT ServiceNow Portal.
This service is available by subscription and is charged monthly to your department’s UIT Billings Services bill.
A University PTA or Hospital Cost Center is required for payment.
The Service Description Document for UIT Server Hosting lists the systems, roles, and tasks involved in delivering and supporting the service:
- Installation and Deployment
- Ongoing Support
- Responsibility Matrix