Cardinal Flex Workspace Reservation service helps space administrators to manage their shared workspaces easily, and staff without a dedicated workspace to quickly find and reserve a shared workspace for days when they are in the office.
- lets space administrators easily:
- upload a list of shared workspaces in their area, including the resources available at each workspace (e.g., docking station, dual monitors, sit/stand desk, guest seating)
- add, change, remove authorized users for local, shared workspaces and restrict space reservations to specifically authorized individuals (using SUNet ID as the identifier)
- add visual floor plans to help workers
- select among the locations produce and download reports on the use of space
- lets workers easily:
- see the visual floor plans with available workspaces, including floor location and associated resources
- search for nearby colleagues with whom they may be collaborating
- reserve a space for their individual use
- provides web and mobile reservation interfaces
- lets authorized users book for other authorized users
- saves time by allowing workers to plan their flexible work location
- supports social distancing and performs additional hygiene procedures between the bookings
- Space Administration: space administrators (e.g., building managers, department administration staff)
- Reservations: Faculty, staff, students, guests, or contractors with a valid SUNet ID and who have been pre-authorized by a space administrator.
An active SUNet ID, system authorization, and internet access
May be used to store and transmit Low Risk Data, as defined by the Information Security Office. See Risk Classifications for more detail.
Cardinal Flex is provided to the Stanford community at no charge.
Space administrators wanting to use Cardinal Flex for the shared workspaces they manage should submit a Help request.
Users wanting to view spaces for which they are authorized to use and to reserve a space should visit the Cardinal Flex reservation site or install the mobile application (iPhone | Android). Cardinal Flex uses your SUNet ID and password (Stanford Single Sign On) and automatically creates an account for you the first time you connect via a browser. (NOTE: You must connect via a browser — not the mobile app — the first time to have your account created.)
Stanford partners with Condeco and uses its Personal Space tool to provide Cardinal Flex. Following are some short guides from Condeco to help you get started.
- Desk Booking Overview (video)
- User instructions
- Personal Spaces Overview
- Booking a workspace in a web browser: Video | Instructions
- Using Mobile App: Overview | Instructions
- Location Admin and Group Admin instructions
- Managing Users (i.e., adding, editing, deleting)
For more information, visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
If you need more assistance, contact your Location or Group Admin or submit a Help request.