- Can my department/group use UIT’s Cardinal Flex Workspace Reservation system?
Cardinal Flex is available to the Stanford community at no charge. Your department can use the system regardless of the number of bookable workspaces it maintains. For more details, see the Cardinal Flex service page.
- What are the main features of the Cardinal Flex Workspace Reservation system?
- lets space administrators easily:
- upload a list of shared workspaces in their area, including the resources available at each workspace (e.g., docking station, dual monitors, sit/stand desk, guest seating)
- add, change, remove authorized users for local, shared workspaces and restrict space reservations to specifically authorized individuals (using SUNet ID as the identifier)
- add visual floor plans to help workers select among the locations
- produce and download reports on the use of space
- lets workers easily:
- see the visual floor plans with available workspaces, including floor location and associated resources
- search for nearby colleagues with whom they may be collaborating
- reserve a space for their individual use
- provides web and mobile reservation interfaces
- lets authorized users book for other authorized users
- saves time by allowing workers to plan their flexible work location
- lets space administrators easily:
- What are the permission levels in Cardinal Flex?
There are three primary permission levels:
- User — can reserve workspaces for which they are authorized to use.
- Group Admin — can manage workspaces and users (add, change, remove, set permissions) for the workspaces for which they are responsible; can add other Group Admins to assist in managing those workspaces; can run reports.
- Location Admin — in addition to the same permissions of the Group Admin, can also manage all groups within their location and can add other Location Admins to assist in managing those groups.
- How can I find my Local Admin or Group Admin?
See the listing for Cardinal Flex Local and Group Admins.
- What kind of data is stored in Cardinal Flex?
User information includes SUNet ID, first/last names, phone number (optional), and email address. Building information includes the building name and address. Stanford’s Information Security Office (ISO) reviewed the Condeco Personal Space tool, which powers Cardinal Flex, and has approved it for storing and transmitting this type of Low Risk Data. See Risk Classifications for more detail.
- How secure is Cardinal Flex?
Stanford’s Information Security Office (ISO) reviewed the Condeco Personal Space tool and has approved it for storing and transmitting Low Risk Data. See Risk Classifications for more detail.
Condeco software is:
- hosted on the Microsoft Azure platform which is AT101 SOC 2 & 3 compliant
- not a multi-tenancy application; each customer has an individual instance of the Condeco software product with their own database, website, and web files
- ISO 27001:2013 and CSA Star certified
- compliant with the Data Protection Act
- fully compliant with GDPR legislation.
- What is the Condeco support site?
UIT partners with Condeco and uses its Personal Space tool to provide Cardinal Flex. The Condeco Knowledge Center website provides service descriptions and user instructions for using the tool. Remember, that Stanford is only using the Personal Space tool and does not offer the other Condeco products. Request help from the support team when needed via ServiceNow.
- How do I log in to Cardinal Flex (Condeco) workspace reservation?
Anyone with a SunetID can log in to reserve workspaces for which they are authorized to use. You point your browser to cardinalflex.stanford.edu where you can log in using Single Sign On (SSO) with your Stanford SUNet ID and password if you already have an account. Don't have an account, create an account by submitting your name on the new user request form in ServiceNow which will automatically create an account for you in about an hour (one time).
- What kind of support do we get from University IT and the vendor?
Your department Location Admin has access to training and should be able to answer most questions. Additionally, they can submit questions to the vendor directly by submitting a Help request.
- Why can’t I reserve a particular workspace?
Workspaces are managed by the department and may be restricted to certain users. You must contact the Location Admin or Group Admin if you cannot reserve a space in your area. See Cardinal Flex Local and Group Admins for a listing.
- Can I reserve a workspace on my mobile devices (i.e., iPhone, Android phone)?
Yes, You can download Condeco App (Stanford’s partner in providing Cardinal Flex) from Google Play Store or Apple App Store. However, before starting to use the mobile app, you must first be a CardinalFlex.stanford.edu user. Don't have an account, create an account by submitting your name on the new user request form in ServiceNow which will automatically create an account for you in about an hour (one time).
- Can I set my default building or my group workspace for searching?
After an account has been created in Cardinal Flex, you can set your default location (building), Resource group and floor for your future workspace searching to which you have permission. You can change the default setting at any time. You can also set the Desk preferences by default when booking the desks.
- How do I reserve a workspace?
Stanford partners with Condeco and uses its Personal Space tool to provide Cardinal Flex. Following are some short guides from Condeco to help you get started.
- I have accessibility issues with the CardinalFlex (Condeco) application, where can I get help?
If you need help with the CardinalFlex (Condeco) forms, please call your group admin using this list of Cardinal Flex Local and Group Admins and request help (requires SUNetID Login).
- Can I hide my presence in CardinalFlex (Condeco) from other users?
Yes, each user can change their profile to hide their presence in CardinalFlex (Condeco). To adjust :
Select the "Profile" menu option at the top of CardinalFlex.stanford.edu (Condeco) website, select the "Availability" tab, then change the check box next to "Share my workplace presence and location with my colleagues". De-select to disable sharing or Select to allow sharing (default).
Administrators (Local Admins and Group Admins)
- Can I manage my own department's bookable workspaces?
Absolutely! Location & Group Admins are granted privileges to manage their workspaces. Once your bookable workspaces are entered into the system, a Location & Group Admins can manage resources (add, change, remove bookable workspaces) as well as temporarily close or open a desk. To get additional support, please place a request with the University IT CardinalFlex Support team at cardinalflex.stanford.edu/support .
- How does the department/group admin load workspaces and users into the Cardinal Flex system?
Your department provides building name, building address, list of bookable workspaces, and list of group names (if there are multiple groups and the department wants each group to manage its own flexible workspaces). Once the information is collected, your department requests Cardinal Flex service by submitting a Help request.
- For a small number of workspaces, your department can enter the information in the system manually once UIT creates the building information in the system and grant a department member the Location Admi, or Group Admin privilege.
- If your department has a large number of workspaces, it can receive detailed information for completing a spreadsheet with the required information, reviewing it with UIT, and submitting it to the vendor to be uploaded into the system.
Users can self register or you can register for them by going to the new user request form in ServiceNow. Users can complete their profile when logging on the first time after they have an account. If the user can't find the correct building/floor when completing their profile the should use any item from the pick list and save. After saving, they can contact their Resource group admin to be assigned to the appropriate resource group(s) after which the user can update their profile with the correct building/floor.
Location and Group Admins can request mass loading of users in advance by completing the "CardinalFlex User lmport Template" and submitting a CardinalFlex support request. Requests are usually completed in a day or so.
- What kind of support do we get from University IT and the vendor?
- Your Group Admin has access to training and should be able to answer most questions. Additionally, they can submit questions to the University IT - CardinalFlex Support Team directly by submitting a Help request.
- What if I need changes that are not within the permissions of a Location/Group Admin?
University IT serves as a Global Admin for Cardinal Flex. We have full configuration access to the system and can perform many functions beyond what a Location Admin or Group Admin can perform. For example, create a new resource group or add a new building. For Global Admin assistance, submit a Help request. The request form will prompt you for the information you need to provide.
An example of this might be adjusting the check-in period, future bookable period, or requiring that staff check-in. To see the advanced Resource group options see the "Advanced Resource Group Configurations" in the "Group Administrator Screen Shots google doc" in our FAQ folder.
- What is the best way to manage a location (building) with many groups?
Each Organization or Department should determine the groups needed to manage their own workspace. You can specify one or two Group Admins for each group. See What are the permission levels in Cardinal Flex? (under the General section above) for more information about what Location Admins and Group Admins can do.
- Can a phone booth be set up as a bookable workspace?
Technically, yes, it can be done within Cardinal Flex. However, it may not be a good choice based on your department's policy. For example, if your policy is that the phone room is based on first come first serve, OR users cannot occupy the phone room for more than an hour. Cardinal Flex is not suitable. You may consider using the Office365 conference feature instead. If you want the phone room to be a bookable space, you should call it a “touchdown/privacy” workspace, which allows the user to reserve the space for half-day or full-day..
- Can a building name or group name be changed?
Group Names - Yes. The Group Admin can submit a Help request to have a name changed. Consider whether the name change might confuse users who are used to the original name and whether the change warrants any user confusion. All groups start with a 3 or 4 letter 2nd or 3rd level organization name and is generally followed by the department and other descriptive information. Only those spaces meant to be booked by anyone at Stanford receives the SU prefix.
Building Names - No. Building names are copied from Stanford's Facilities Information Management System .
- How do I set up a room with multiple bookable desks?
- You have a big room with 3 desks and want to convert them into 3 bookable workspaces. However, the floor plan shows as one big workspace. Basically, you just need to define 3 workspace resources in Cardinal Flex (Condeco). You can name the resources like 155-A, 155-B, 155-C. During the floor plan setup, you will move the three bookable workspaces (green dots) to the same room on the floor plan image. When the users search for available workspace, they will see these 3 green dots. When they hover their mouse on the green dot, they will see the resource name (ie., 155-A, 155-B, etc).
- How do I manage and export QR Codes for each desk?
You can enable and export QR Codes for each desk (personal space) to make it easy for your clients to check in. Please see our guide.
- How do I run and export reports on usage?
A Group Admin can use the "Reports" link to run and export different types of reports.
Currently the "Date" field in the vendor reports do not export in a 'standard excel' format. The vendor has acknowldged the issue but no fix is imminent yet but the community has recommended a fix. To temporarily work around this issue, we are providing a formula to create an excel formatable date via the "Formula to Convert DATE to USA excel format for report DesksAllocatedtoPeople" excel workbook.
Visit the Cardinal Flex service page for an overview of the service. If you still have questions about Cardinal Flex, contact the UIT Service Desk at 5-HELP or (650) 725-4357, or submit a Help request.