Anyone in the Stanford academic and administrative communities (i.e. anyone who is eligible to receive authority) can access Authority Manager and view authority for any person or organization. The authority itself is not considered private information, though it is restricted to the Stanford community.
To view the authority for a person:
- In the Manage Authority section, click Find a Person.
- Enter the name or SUNet ID of the person whose authority you want view and click Search.
To view the authority of an organization:
- In the Manage Authority section, click Find an Organization.
- Enter the organization name or 4-character org code.
- In the drop-down list, click the org code/name of the organization whose authority you want to view.
- In the organization hierarchy, click the organization name to display its authority.