Stanford UIT provides access for faculty and staff to the Apple Developer Program. The Apple Developer Program is designed for iOS and macOS software developers and provides access to developer resources necessary for creating, building and distributing applications for Apple hardware platforms. These resources include:
- Provisioning profiles
- Beta downloads
- Bug reporting
Stanford provides access to an enterprise tier designed for applications that are developed for internal use only and a public tier for Stanford applications that will be publicly available in the Apple App Store.
- Code signing certificates (development and distribution)
- Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) certificates
- Provisioning profiles (development and distribution)
This service is only available for developers of applications officially owned/sponsored by Stanford University and component organizations. Personal Apple Developer Program accounts are available from Apple for developers creating applications that are not officially supported by the university. If you want to test upcoming macOS/iOS releases, UIT recommends enrolling in the Apple Beta Program.
This service is designed for:
- Enterprise tier: Stanford organizations creating iOS and macOS applications for non-App Store distribution.
- Public tier: Stanford organizations creating iOS and macOS applications for public release in the Apple App Store.
There is no charge for this service.
To access Apple Developer Program, submit a Help request.
For more information, visit developer.apple.com.