Five Things to Know About the New Voicemail System
The new voicemail system planned for September 10 will now roll out on October 2 to minimize its impact on year-end financial processing and the start of the autumn quarter.
Learn how the change, which impacts all faculty and staff at Stanford University, Stanford Health Care and Stanford Children’s Health, will affect you by reading these five things to know about the new system:
- You may need to update your greeting. Your voicemail greeting will be copied from the current voicemail system two weeks before the new system launches. That means that any new greeting you record after the two-week cutoff will not move to the new system. If this will affect you, consider modifying your voicemail greeting as needed before the two-week cutoff.
- You should review and delete old messages. Your saved voicemail messages will not be moved to the new system, so be sure to review your messages and delete those you don’t need. You will be able to access messages saved on the current system for at least 60 days after we move to the new system.
- You can still push a button to access voicemail. If you retrieve voicemail messages by pressing the voicemail button on your desk phone, the button will be automatically programmed to access the new system in October.
- You will use a new number to access voicemail. If you dial in from outside Stanford to access your voicemail, you will need to call a new number to reach your voicemail in October. You will receive this new number closer to the launch date of the new system.
- You can still forward your voicemail to email. If you currently forward your voicemail to email, this option will be set up in the new system. You do not need to do anything to continue to forward voicemail to email in the new system.
For the latest updates and information on the new voicemail system, visit the voicemail transition page.
DISCLAIMER: UIT News is accurate on the publication date. We do not update information in past news items. We do make every effort to keep our service information pages up-to-date. Please search our service pages at uit.stanford.edu/search.