Skip to content Skip to navigation

Courtesy and Recreation ID Cards

Courtesy cards

Courtesy cards are issued to certain University affiliates. See Administrative Guide Memo: 2.4.3 Stanford Identification Cards for policies governing Courtesy Card eligibility. Most applications and services, with the exception of the StanfordCardPlan, are also available to Courtesy Card holders.

To obtain your Courtesy Card, visit the Stanford Campus Card Office at Tresidder Union and bring along with your photo ID (driver's license or passport) and payment (see the ID Card Rates page).

Issuance of spouse/domestic partner Courtesy Cards requires proof of joint residence. Your Stanford spouse/domestic partner must accompany you when you apply, and must show their valid Stanford ID Card.

Recreation access cards

Recreation access passes (also known as Cardinal Rec cards) are available for dependent children of Stanford faculty, staff, students and Visiting Scholars, age 26 years or younger. These cards provide access only to athletic facilities.

To obtain a recreation access card for your dependent, bring your regular Stanford ID Card, as well as proof of age and relationship of the dependent, to the ID Card Office. The office is  located in Tresidder Union at 459 Lagunita Drive, 2nd floor next to the Ticket Office, and is open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1 to 5 p.m. Note: your dependent must accompany you to have a card photo taken.

The following forms of identification are acceptable:

  • birth certificate
  • guardianship documentation
  • health insurance card or documentation
Last modified November 12, 2015