Microsoft Visio Professional
Because this website uses an older two-step authentication method, when you download the software you might not see the updated version of the two-step authentication screens.
Stanford University has a license agreement with Microsoft that provides several Microsoft products, including Visio Professional.
Visio lets individuals and teams create and share diagrams that simplify complex information.
Visio Professional 2019
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Hard Disk: 4.0 GB of available hard disk space
- Display: 1280 x 768 screen resolution
Visio Professional 2016
- Operating System: Windows 7 and later
- Hard Disk: 3.0 GB of available hard disk space
- Display: 1280 x 800 resolution
- Graphics: Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 10 graphics card
- Faculty and staff with full-service SUNet IDs on university owned computers
In order for your copy of Visio to remain activate it must connect to the Stanford network at least once every 180 days. If you find your copy of Visio has become deactivated, make sure you are connected to the Stanford network and run the Office Activation Tool.
- Unlike Visio 2016, Visio Professional 2019 is fully compatible with Office 365 Pro Plus. You don't need to install Office 2019 as a prerequisite for installing Visio 2019.
- The Essential Stanford Software installer deploys the 32-bit version of Visio for computers running 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows. This version is compatible with the 32-bit version of Office, which Microsoft recommends for most people. Contact your local IT support if you need the 64-bit version of Visio.
- Visit the Technology Training website to see current training opportunities (classroom training, one-on-one training, and online courses) for Microsoft Visio.