Microsoft Visio Professional
Stanford University has a license agreement with Microsoft that provides several Microsoft products, including Visio Professional.
Visio lets individuals and teams create and share diagrams that simplify complex information.
- Operating System: Windows 7 and later
- Hard Disk: 3.0 GB of available hard disk space
- Display: 1280 x 800 resolution
- Graphics: Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 10 graphics card
- Faculty and staff with full-service SUNet IDs on university owned computers
In order for Microsoft Visio to activate with the campus licensing server, the computer needs to be connected the Stanford network locally or through the Stanford VPN
during installation. To check whether you can connect to the Stanford licensing server, open a web browser and go su-kms.stanford.edu.
If you see a welcome screen, your Visio installation will activate. If Visio does not activate on its own, try running the Office Activation Tool
In order for your copy of Visio to remain activate it must connect to the Stanford network at least once every 180 days. If you find your copy of Visio has become deactivated, make sure you are connected to the Stanford network and run the Office Activation Tool
- The Essential Stanford Software installer deploys the 32-bit version of Visio for computers running 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows. This version is compatible with the 32-bit version of Office, which Microsoft recommends for most people. Contact your local IT support if you need the 64-bit version of Visio.
- Visit the Technology Training website to see current training opportunities (classroom training, one-on-one training, and online courses) for Microsoft Visio.