Microsoft Project Professional
Because this website uses an older two-step authentication method, when you download the software you might not see the updated version of the two-step authentication screens.
Stanford University has a license agreement with Microsoft that provides several Microsoft products, including Project Professional.
Project Professional helps you plan projects and collaborate with others.
Project Professional 2019
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Hard disk: 4.0 GB of available hard disk space
Project Professional 2016
- Operating System: Windows 7 and later
- Hard disk: 2.0 GB of available hard disk space
- Faculty and staff with full-service SUNet IDs on university owned computers
In order for your copy of Project to remain activate it must connect to the Stanford network at least once every 180 days. If you find your copy of Project has become deactivated, make sure you are connected to the Stanford network and run the Office Activation Tool.
- Unlike Project 2016, Project Professional 2019 is fully compatible with Office 365 Pro Plus. You don't need to install Office 2019 as a prerequisite for installing Project 2019.
- The Essential Stanford Software installer deploys the 32-bit version of Project for computers running 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows. This version is compatible with the 32-bit version of Office, which Microsoft recommends for most people. Contact your local IT support if you need the 64-bit version of Project.
- Visit the Technology Training website to see current training opportunities (classroom training, one-on-one training, and online courses) for Microsoft Project.
Project Professional 2019 is fully compatible with Office 365 Pro Plus. You don't need to install Office 2019 as a prerequisite for installing Project 2019.