In addition to this web site, there are numerous Stanford resources that can help you make and maintain your web site. Several are listed below.
Community Web Resources
- SU Webmasters
- an interest group for maintainers of departmental, organizational or other official Stanford web sites. The group meets periodically to discuss topics of interest. In addition, there is a group email list. Visit the Mailman subscribe page to join.
- Technology Commons: A Community KnowledgeBase
- offers a quick and easy way to share and expand a knowledge repository, and serves as a hub, bringing together dispersed resources and connecting various technology groups on campus.
Selected Topic Pages:
University-wide Web Resources
- Stanford Web Services
- builds department and group websites that are hosted on a shared infrastructure and provides assistance with larger projects requiring dedicated hosting or custom design. In addition, Stanford Web Services staff help to design and maintain key components of the University’s shared and self-service web publishing tools.
- University IT
- runs the university’s central computing resources. The department’s service pages contain all you need to know about setting up and running a web site on the web.stanford.edu central web service.
- Office of University Communications
- The Office of University Communications’ Web Team creates and maintains the Stanford Homepage, Stanford News, Events at Stanford, Stanford on iTunes U, and other central university websites. The Web Team also works with University IT to distribute and standardize official Stanford web templates (via this web site), and with Business Affairs and General Counsel staff to guide the appropriate use of University trademarks within Stanford’s web space via the Stanford Design Guidelines web site.
School-specific Web Resources
The following schools host and support their web sites outside of the web.stanford.edu central web service:
|School of Medicine||Public Web and New Media Technology Services||Help Request to IRT Web Help|
|Law School||Office of Information Technologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|School of Humanities and Sciences||Information Technologyemail@example.com
|School of Earth Sciences||Web Hostingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|School of Education||IT Service Centeremail@example.com|
|School of Engineering||SoE Information Technologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|