Stanford University and School of Medicine
You can receive fax messages through the voicemail system. This helps you keep the content of faxes private and eliminates waiting at the fax machine.
Option 1: You can receive
voicemail notification of a fax that you can print out to your fax
machine. You can designate a default fax machine to receive your
Option 2: If you have Forward voice messages to your email boxenabled and you choose to receive faxes, your faxes will be sent to your email box as .tiff files that you can print on your printer.
If you choose to forward voicemail to email and keep a copy in your voice mailbox, both of the above options will be in effect: faxes will be sent to your email box and a notification will be sent to your phone.
To specify the default fax machine to which messages will be sent:
- Log in to the web portal, http://myvoicemail.stanford.edu. (Remind me how)
- Click Options in the left navigation panel.
- The User Preferences screen opens.
- Under Message Management, click Fax.
The Fax settings screen opens.
- Click Edit in the upper right part of your screen.
The Fax Settings edit screen opens.
- Enter your ten-digit fax number without any dashes or spaces.
- Click Update to save your changes.