The Stanford anti-malware service consists of System Center Endpoint Protection (SCEP), Microsoft's enterprise anti-malware solution. This program protects your computer from viruses, adware/spyware, and other malicious software.
- Supported Operating Systems: Mac OS X 10.8 and above
- Hardware: Intel-based Macs (32-bit and 64-bit)
- The SCEP installer will automatically remove the Sophos anti-virus program if you have it installed on your computer. To avoid performance impact, University IT recommends manually uninstalling any other anti-virus programs you may have before installing SCEP.
- SCEP is licensed only for Stanford-owned computers or for personal computers used for official Stanford work.
- Stanford anti-malware updates itself automatically so your version of the program will remain up-to-date.