University IT supports Oracle and Microsoft SQL databases for the Stanford community. This service is available to faculty and staff in academic and administrative departments that require database administration for applications, or standalone databases operating on Stanford infrastructure.
A variety of complementary Database Administration-related services such as Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) support are also available. The Database Administration service provides reliable, secure, and cost-effective database administration, including maintenance, monitoring, and backup.
24x7 support is provided for production or critical development databases. In addition to standard, day-to-day administrative and maintenance activities, production or critical development databases are continuously monitored to detect potential problems, proactively addressing problems before they can affect service delivery.
The Database Administration service is available by subscription and is charged monthly to your department’s IT services bill.
- monitors and tunes production database environments
- rapidly responds to critical issues
- provides backup and recovery, prevents database outage
- works directly with clients to solve database issues
Current faculty and staff.
- 24x7 support for production or critical development databases.
- Notification to an administrator is within 15 minutes of an alert or emergency declaration by the customer. The response back to the customer is within 30 minutes of receipt of the alert by the administrator.
- Standard development and test database support are provided Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- For assistance, submit a Help Request. Tickets are assigned and responded to per SLA escalation guidelines.