University IT periodically conducts client surveys to gather information about what we are doing well and where we can do better. We ask a sample population of faculty members, undergraduate and graduate students, and administrative staff to provide feedback via the survey.
More specifically, the survey is undertaken to:
- document where clients are satisfied or dissatisfied, and to identify gaps that cause an unfavorable client experience;
- find out which improvements clients think are important;
- gather data that gives clients a voice that influences University IT priorities with continuous improvement initiatives that will make it easier for clients to do their work.
Our ultimate goal is to provide an excellent client experience that supports the teaching, learning, research, and business needs of the Stanford community.
In October 2017, the survey was distributed to approximately 1200 members of the Stanford community, excluding staff from University IT. Each group (faculty, students, and staff) received a survey that had identical general questions and some unique questions for the particular audience. The survey areas and questions were determined by a team representing areas across UIT, with input from some user testing and UIT senior staff.
Our target response rate was 450 responses. Such a response rate provides a high level of statistical validity when analyzing the data. Typically (though not always), response rates exceed our expectations so as to provide us with a high level of confident that the results accurately reflect the views of the broader Stanford community.
The survey spans a range of topics, including customer service, service desk, telecommunications, networking, email and webmail, collaboration tools, security, and other technology-related services.
We contract with an external firm to conduct the survey in order to ensure objectivity and confidentiality. MOR Associates administered the survey and assessed the results.
Links to the results for the current and past surveys are available below.
Each report contains:
- Overview of Results
- Detailed Results
- Client Survey Instrument
- Client Survey Methodology
You can direct questions or comments to the UIT Client Satisfaction Survey Team.
2017 Survey Results
Download the University IT Client Satisfaction Survey Results:
Past Survey Results
Download previous University IT Client Satisfaction Survey Results:
- 2015 Survey Results (University IT)
- 2012 Survey Results (IT Services)
- 2011 Survey Results (IT Services)
- 2010 Survey Results (IT Services)
- 2009 Survey Results (IT Services)
- 2008 Survey Results (IT Services)
- 2007 Survey Results (IT Services)
- 2006 Survey Results (IT Services)
- 2005 Survey Results (IT Services)