Gathering feedback from our Stanford community about their experience with IT has been and continues to be critically important to us, and helps drive our decisions for improvements, enhancements and investments in future technologies. Over the years, we've changed the way we've conducted surveys and modified some of our questions, but our goal has remained steady: to measure where we're delivering technology that supports Stanford's research, adcademic and healthcare mission, and address any areas where we fall short.
Current Survey: 2020 Measuring IT Satisfaction Broadly
This year, the Stanford CIO Council invited the entire Stanford community – including undergraduate and graduate students, postdocs, faculty members, and administrative staff, to provide feedback in the 2020 IT Client Satisfaction Survey in February. We heard from more than 8,500 community members, including 600 faculty, 3,500 students, and 4,400 staff, who gave feedback about their IT experience at Stanford, regardless of whether that was delivered centrally by University IT or locally by distributed IT teams.
The survey results, including an executive summary and full report, are available on this webpage.
Past Surveys: 2005 to 2017 Measuring IT Satisfaction with University IT
Previously, University IT (UIT) periodically conducted client surveys to gather information about what we were doing well and where we could do better. In these surveys, we asked a sample population of faculty members, undergraduate and graduate students, and administrative staff to provide feedback.
More specifically, the surveys were undertaken to:
- document where clients are satisfied or dissatisfied, and to identify gaps that cause an unfavorable client experience;
- find out which improvements clients think are important;
- gather data that gives clients a voice that influences UIT priorities with continuous improvement initiatives that will make it easier for clients to do their work.
Links to the results for the past UIT surveys are available below.
University IT Client Satisfaction Survey Results
- 2017 Survey Results(University IT)
- 2015 Survey Results (University IT)
- 2012 Survey Results (IT Services)
- 2011 Survey Results (IT Services)
- 2010 Survey Results (IT Services)
- 2009 Survey Results (IT Services)
- 2008 Survey Results (IT Services)
- 2007 Survey Results (IT Services)
- 2006 Survey Results (IT Services)
- 2005 Survey Results (IT Services)
You can direct questions or comments to the UIT Client Satisfaction Survey Team.