Python is the language of data science, and this class will expose you to the most important libraries (i.e., NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, and Scikit-learn) that will enable you to effectively do data science using Python.
In this course, you will have an opportunity to:
- Install Anaconda on a personal computer
- Understand the various options for performing data science
- Understand the reasons for Python's popularity in data science
- Learn the primary libraries for data science in Python including NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib and Scikit-learn
- Perform exploratory data analysis using Pandas
- Use Matplotlib and Seaborn to perform data visualization
- Prepare data for machine learning
- Apply machine learning on a variety of datasets
- Understand the data science process
- Understand the big picture and the importance of data science in business, industry, and technology
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.