Discover how to optimize the use of AWS Cloud through a better understanding of how the five key elements of the framework -- Operational Excellence, Cost Optimization, Reliability, Performance efficiency and Security -- work together.
Gain a comprehensive understanding of AWS services and how these services fit into cloud-based solutions. This workshop will discuss AWS cloud best practices and recommend design patterns to help certification candidates think through the process of architecting optimal solutions.
Course will be presented by a professional AWS subject matter expert.
Course topics will include:
- Approaches for combining the five key elements of the framework to maximize the advantages of the AWS Cloud
- Identifying practical AWS best practices gained from actual real-world applications
- How to integrate security into applications without sacrificing performance or cost
- How architecture decisions impact deployment and maintenance costs
- Identifying essential elements for effective monitoring and automation in the AWS cloud
- Mapping Multi-Tier Architectures to AWS Services, such as web/app servers, firewalls, caches, and load balancers
- Understanding managed RDBMS through AWS RDS (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, Aurora)
- Understanding Loose Coupling and Stateless Systems
- Comparing Different Consistency Models in AWS Services
- Understanding how AWS CloudFront can make your application more cost-efficient, faster and secure
- Implementing Route tables, Access Control Lists, Firewalls, NAT, and DNS
- Applying AWS Security Features along with traditional Information and Application Security
- Using Compute, Networking, Storage, and Database AWS services
- Architecting Large Scale Distributed Systems
- Understanding of Elasticity and Scalability Concepts
- Understanding of Network Technologies Relating to AWS
- Deploying and Managing Services with tools such as CloudFormation, OpsWorks, and Elastic Beanstalk.
Develop your skills in building cost-optimized, reliable, efficient and secure architectures in the cloud, become an effective cloud guru!
Each participant will receive a PDF copy of the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide, written by AWS experts, covers key Exam concepts and provides a review of exam topics.
Each day will include a certification exam review.
Includes Certification Exam Voucher ($150 Value)
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.