Your admin or department IT contact will provide a phone, phone number, and voicemail password. Each phone number is attached to a voicemail profile containing information such as passwords, greetings, forwarding preferences, and so on. If you have difficulty logging in to the voicemail system using the provided information, call 4-HELP (4-4357) for assistance, as the phone number may still be using an old profile.
The first time you log in, you will be prompted to initialize your voice mailbox by changing your password and setting up your greeting.
If you have questions about the details of your particular voicemail installation, consult your Department IT Contact. Standard parameters for voice mailboxes, such as when calls are forwarded or the number of messages you can store, are described on the Voice Mailbox Types page.
Extended absence greeting:
Throughout the voice messaging instruction pages you'll find shortcuts for common tasks, labeled Key Tip.You can use these key sequences after you have logged in to the voicemail system to quickly reach a sub-menu without listening to each system prompt. In the example above, pressing 4 (Personal Options) 6 (Other Greetings) 1 (Extended Absence Greeting) in sequence takes you directly to the Extended Absence recording function.
Using Voicemail at SHC
- Auto Attendant Voice Mailboxes
- Change your Voicemail Password
- Check for New Voicemail Messages
- Connect to Your Voice Mailbox
- Forward Voicemail to Email
- Initialize Your Voice Mailbox
- Manage Listen-only Voice Mailboxes
- Manage Your Voicemail Greetings
- Review and Manage Voicemail Messages
- Transfer a Call to a Specific Voice Mailbox
- Voicemail Notification Options
- Voicemail Personal Distribution Lists