A centrally managed Puppet configuration management tool is available as an infrastructure service to the departments within UIT.
- Hosted in GKE (Google Kubernetes Engine) for scalability and performance and minimal downtime
- Available for on-prem and cloud-based systems
- Supports Linux and Windows automatic configuration validation
- Configuration managed via GIT version control
- CI/CD deployment of code via GitLab
- CI/CD job notification via Slack integration
- Available performance metrics and dashboarding
Puppet agent requires outbound access to Puppet server's port 8140 (proxy available for systems without internet access).
Puppet agent minimum version 5.5X or later (see Puppet Support Matrix).
May be used by for Low, Moderate, and High Risk servers, as defined by the Information Security Office.
Free of charge
Follow these Quick Start directions to move an existing client or enroll a new client.
For assistance, submit a Help ticket.