Formerly known as Oracle Financials, Oracle e-Business Suite is a set of modules that address the university's central financial, accounting, purchasing, and asset management needs.
- Processes transactions (reimbursements and expense reports, purchases, payments, billings, receipts, and journals)
- Receives activity from the PeopleSoft system related to student accounts and payroll, records it in the proper accounts, and sends accounting information back to the PeopleSoft and Time and Leave systems
- Receives accounting entries from other “feeder” systems (Development, Inter-department billings, etc.)
- Applies “burdens” (indirect costs, fringe benefits)
- Creates and posts allocations such as endowment payout
- Tracks activity in funds, allowing for reporting to sponsors and donors, and departmental management of funds and expenditures
Faculty, staff, and students
- Must be given access through Authority Manager.
- Training through STARS may be required.
May be used to store Low, Moderate, and High Risk Data, as defined by the Information Security Office.
Free of charge
Access to Oracle e-Business Suite is authorized via Authority Manager by the respective department stakeholders.
Submit a HelpSU request.
Visit the Fingate website for more information.