Do you have computers used by multiple people in a semi-public setting or lab environment?
Our Lab Support service is specifically designed to assist with the purchasing, configuration, and maintenance of these devices. Our focus is to ensure that the computers, network and printers function as planned, and system updates occur on a regular basis.
In most cases we share responsibility for key decisions with a lab manager or key contact.
The Lab Support service often includes the following:
- Building and maintaining lab image each year.
- Deploying the image and software to all designated workstations.
- Providing status updates, estimates for project completion and communications with department.
- Providing a "best effort" level of software compatibility testing with lab image load set.
- Researching related software updates and patches.
- Creating and managing Group Policy Object for lab machines (PC only).
- Maintaining internal technical documentation of lab configurations.
We work in partnership with the lab manager or key contact. The lab manager or key contact responsible for:
- Procuring the necessary licenses and media for any additional software.
- Providing evidence of license compliance at request.
- Delivering all the software licenses and media to us for the sole purpose of creating the image. The components will be returned to the department.
- Maintaining records corresponding to software deployment, including the number of concurrent licenses in use and licenses expiry.
We also often assist with things that are unique to each lab or area. Examples include:
- Course-related applications.
- Additional web browser bookmarks or plug-ins.
- Multimedia components.
- Printer, scanner, and peripheral drivers, plug-ins and settings.
- Site licensed software, including free, open-source and commercial.
- Individual students, faculty and staff members
- Schools, administrative units, labs and institutes
- Local IT groups
See Lab Support rates.