- What is the AWS data egress waiver?
- The waiver is an amendment to the Stanford Enterprise Agreement with AWS that provides a credit for your data egress charges (network data traffic leaving AWS). Depending on your usage, the waiver will reduce your overall monthly bill proportionally. The waiver is made available to qualifying higher education and research institutions.
- How do I benefit from this waiver?
- Most AWS accounts under the AWS Enterprise Agreement will receive a credit for all the data egress charges of up to 15% of your total bill for a given month. The waiver includes all egress, not just network traffic back to campus. Some types of data egress are not included, such as streaming and content delivery services and massive open online courses (MOOCs).
- Who is eligible for a credit on their monthly bill?
- Any account covered by the Stanford Enterprise Agreement is eligible for the credit, but some types of data egress are not included in the credit, such as streaming and content delivery services and massive open online courses (MOOCs).
- When will I start to receive credit?
- You should receive credit on your August 2018 invoice, based on your July usage. Credits should be applied for the previous month's usage as long as the AWS account is part of this special program.
- How do I receive the credit if I use automated billing with AWS?
- Between the 8th and the 20th of each month, you will receive a PDF showing the credit amount for each account linked to AWS. You receive a credit for charges from the previous month's bill, so this credit reflects your data egress charges for the bill that you received on the 3rd of that month.
- How do I receive the credit if I do not use automated billing with AWS?
- For departments or individuals that do not use automated billing with AWS, your credit will appear as an additional reimbursement or transaction on a standing university purchase order.
- Who do I contact with questions about the credit?
- If you have questions or need help, please submit a Help request.
Frequently Asked Questions about the AWS Data Egress Waiver
Last modified August 20, 2018