The form building application, called Form Builder, provides a selection of pre-formatted fields and elements, which makes it quick and easy to construct web forms. Data collected through the forms can be emailed to the form owner and/or stored in a MySQL database where it can be viewed through a secure web interface.
- Easy web-based form building interface that allows you to preview the form as you're designing it.
- Toggle forms back and forth between published and unpublished state.
- Interface includes a component that allows you to create one-page surveys.
- Separate forms management view providing access to all of the forms you have created or to which you have administrator privileges.
- Locate forms in any AFS location for which you have permission to write files. On a form-by-form basis, share administrator privileges and editing with colleagues and co-workers who have permission to write files in the same AFS space.
- Forms can be embedded within other web pages.
- Forms can be protected via WebAuth.
- Auto-fill Name, Email address and University ID if the form is behind Webauth.
- Capture SUNet ID (if available) of person filling out the form.
- Data can be downloaded to CSV or Excel formats for external analysis/processing.
The Stanford Web Forms Service “Manage Forms” view is accessible directly via formbuilder.stanford.edu.