Order a new phone for someone in your group
Mobile Device Services encourages waiting for new employees to arrive on campus to ensure the order is placed appropriately. The new employee can either order a new device with a new number or transfer their personal number to the Stanford corporate account. If an order is placed incorrectly, it could result in an Early Termination Fee.
Be sure to indicate the exact shipping address for prompt delivery of the mobile device. Street address, room number, and correct zip code are required to prevent shipment delays.
Before you begin:
- Make sure the authorized user of the account calls the carrier directly to place a note on the file to indicate s/he releases liability to Stanford.
- Get the carrier name, billing address, account number, and pin code or password for the account (Information needed for a Port)
- Confirm that subscribers aren't on a family share plan/installment plan. They need to set up another plan for their family members directly with the current provider; and set up a separate individual account for themselves with the current provider to enable the direct transfer from their individual account into the Stanford Corporate plan.
- Ensure that the subscriber account is current, with no past-due charges.
To add, change, or cancel cell phone and mobile device service:
- Go to orderit.stanford.edu.
- Click on your organization's name (select Stanford Children's Health, Stanford Health Care or Stanford University).
- Click Communications.
- Click Cell Phones & Mobile Devices for Business
- Log in with your SUNet ID and password.
- At the bottom of the Cell Phones & Mobile Devices for Business web page, look for the Add, Change, and Cancel Mobile Device Service form descriptions. Click the title or graphic of the appropriate form.
- Fill out the form, starting with the top section and working down. Items marked with a red * are required. Note: contextual help is available for most sections; hover your cursor over the symbol at the right side of the section. You can also find more information about available models, plans, and pricing via the Mobile Pricing link under the Rates section.
- Click Add to Cart to save your order.
- To see your active orders, click ITEMS IN CART at the top of the page.
Change plans or add features
Mobile Device Services has partnered with the University IT Service Desk who works with the carriers on behalf of Stanford employees. You can request help by either calling the service desk or submitting a help ticket.
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m — [University & SCH] 5-HELP (725-4357), option 3
- [SHC] 4-HELP (724-4357), option 4