Fetch 5.7 Installation Instructions
If you are upgrading from an earlier version of Fetch, all you need to do is download the Fetch installer and then drag the Fetch icon to the Applications folder. Your current serial number will continue to work with this latest release.
- Download the Fetch installer to your computer.
- Double-click the installer. A setup wizard will guide you through the steps necessary to install the software.
- Open the Applications folder and launch Fetch.app.
- Fetch displays the New Connection dialog box automatically when launched. You can also display it at other times by going to the File menu and clicking New Connection.
- Enter the connection information of the site that you want to transfer files to or from.
- Hostname: name of the computer you wish to connect to (use the full DNS name)
- Username: your user name on the host computer
- Connect using: SFTP
- Enable encryption: automatically checked when SFTP is selected
- Password: your password on the host computer
- Add to keychain: unchecked
- If the host computer requires two-step authentication, select one of the options and click OK.
- Click Connect.
- The Fetch transfer window is displayed when you successfully connect to the host computer.
For more information and basic instructions, see the Fetch Help on the Fetch Softworks website.
Last modified August 30, 2018