The instructions assume that you have obtained an up-to-date installer from your IT support team.
Step 1 — Install CrashPlan
- If the folder is compressed, decompress it to get the uncompressed CrashPlan folder.
- Double-click the CrashPlan folder (labeled CrashPlanPROe-x64_Win).
- Double-click the CrashPlan installer (filename CrashPlanPROe-x64_Win.exe).
- If prompted for permission to run the installer, click Yes.
- On the CrashPlan Setup Wizard welcome screen, click Next.
- Select I accept the terms in the Licensing Agreement and click Next.
- On the Select Installation Folder screen, check that the folder shown is
C:\Program Files\CrashPlan\and click Next.
- On the Ready to Install screen, click Install.
- The installation will now proceed. When it is finished, click Finish.
Step 2 — CrashPlan Setup
- Once CrashPlan is installed, it will launch and present a “Create your account” setup screen. On that screen, check the box labeled Login with Stanford Single Sign-on.
Generic Installers: If the next screen presents the “Create your account” dialog box, contact your IT support team before proceeding. Your installer is generic; you will need to manually enter the registration and server information.
- Fully Customized Installers: Your registration and server information is pre-built into your installer. Simply enter your Stanford credentials in the familiar WebAuth screen and click Login. Do not hit Retry. There may be a short delay.
- When prompted, enter your 2-step Authentication Code and click Login.
- Congratulations! Your CrashPlan configuration is now complete and you can close the control panel window. CrashPlan is now in the process of performing your first backup.