Carbon Black Protection (Cb Protection), formerly Bit9, is an application control product that allows departments to monitor and control application execution on systems. Cb Protection is licensed for Stanford managed servers and the specialized workstations, called Privileged Access Workstations (PAWs), used to manage those servers.
Cb Protection uses a trust-based policy engine agent to track and control the execution of applications. Only known and trusted applications are allowed to run on the system, a protection technique called whitelisting.
Supported operating systems include:
- Windows Server 2008 and above
- Mac OS X 10.7.4 and above
Get started by deploying Cb Protection to your systems with BigFix, and requesting a Carbon Black Protection account.
Application control must be deployed and implemented carefully to avoid server and application outages. To get training on Cb Protection, submit a Help ticket.
- Cb Protection Networking and Firewall Information
- Deploy Cb Protection Using BigFix
- Cb Protection Enforcement Modes
- Change Cb Protection Enforcement Modes
- Cb Protection Trust and Ban Mechanisms
- Cb Protection Scope of Actions and Rules
For more information or help, please submit a Help ticket.