University IT is Stanford's cable television service provider. Called Cardinal Cable, the service offers entertainment, sports, news, cultural programming, and educational channels. Stanford offers Cable TV service for faculty and staff residences as well as classrooms and conference rooms.
Stanford's Infrastructure transports television services throughout Stanford's residential and academic environments. The service delivered through the campus infrastructure requires a one-time activation fee with a monthly technology fee to support the operation and maintenance of the system as well as a variety of specialty programming from other sources. Included are both SD and HD programming.
For faculty and staff residences
At Olmsted Terrace, Stanford West, and Welch Road Apartments.
For classrooms and conference rooms
Used by university departments in classrooms and conference rooms, Cardinal Cable provides access to educational and news channels.
Cardinal Cable TV is available to academic departments/programs, and non-student residents of Stanford West, Welch Road Apartments, and Olmsted Terrace.
Service subscription and a Cardinal Cable cable box.
To order Cardinal Cable TV service:
- Non-Student Residents — Place an order for your residence using the online form on the Residential Communication Services page.
- Departments — Request cable services through Stanford Services.
You can self-install your digital cable box. Cable boxes are available for pickup the day after you submit your order online, at:
- ID Card Office at Tresidder Union at 459 Lagunita Drive, 2nd floor, next to the Ticket Office [map]
Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed from 12:30 to 1 p.m.)
You must cancel your service online and return your cable box!
- Students: cancel service
- Residents of University Terrace: cancel service
- Residents of Stanford West, Welch Road, or Olmsted Terrace: cancel service
- Departments: cancel service
Return your cable box
- Students should return cable boxes to their Housing Front Desk. A fee of $200 will be charged for equipment if not returned.
- Non-student residents of Stanford West, Welch Road Apartments, Coaches Corner, Olmsted Terrace, University Terrace, and Faculty Residential should return equipment to Puichon Hall at 169 Searsville Road, Stanford Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. A fee of $200 will be charged for equipment if not returned within 5 days.
- Please submit a Help request.
- For assistance Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., call 5-HELP (650-725-4357), and select option 4. After hours and holiday calls are answered around the clock.
- Stanford Cardinal Cable Television service is monitored 24/7 for performance and component failures. Systems personnel are alerted to failures and will respond to alerts.