In early September 2014, current AWS account holders should have received an email directly from Amazon Web Services, on Stanford’s behalf, informing them of the new Enterprise Agreement negotiated between Amazon Web Services and Stanford University as of May 2014. Some of the new terms are significantly improved from the “click-through” consumer terms.
- Improved security, privacy, and audit protections
- FERPA specific protections
- Branding/trademark protection for Stanford University
- Longer net-payment terms (45 days)
- Longer termination notification lead-time
- Data Recovery: Guaranteed 30 days to retrieve data
If you are intending to continue to use this AWS account for Stanford research, teaching or other business purposes, please review and agree to the new terms.
If you are not using this AWS account for Stanford purposes, please change your account so that it utilizes an external email address today to avoid reminder emails regarding consenting to the amended terms. Instructions on how to do this can be found below in the FAQ section.
For inquiries, please submit a HelpSU, which will submit a AWS specific ticket.
As Stanford continues its joint efforts with Amazon Web Services this page will continue to be updated.
Stanford University IT