What we do
The IT Service Desk provides assistance to clients from the University (faculty, staff, students, and affiliates) as well as the hospitals and clinics on a wide range of computer and communications issues. Areas of support include:
- Identification and authentication services (SUNet IDs, sponsorship, Two-Step Authentication, Guest IDs, and registry applications)
- Email, including Office 365 webmail and calendar and mail applications such as Outlook, Apple Mail, and Thunderbird, plus related applications such as mailing lists and shared departmental accounts
- Connectivity, both campus wired and wireless networks, for computers and mobile devices
- Essential Stanford Software, including anti-malware and desktop tools
- Basic issues with campus phone and voice mail systems
- File storage and document management services such as AFS, Box, and File Storage
- Basic questions about Cardinal Cable TV and videoconferencing services
- Pointers to distributed IT support teams around the campus
Clients are not charged for services provided by the IT Service Desk; assistance is limited to what can be provided by email and phone and remote desktop tools. The Service Desk is also responsible for maintenance of the content of Stanford Answers, the University's information technology knowledge base.
For additional details about the IT Service Desk, contact Lori Wisneski.