- Accessible via Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari and other standard browsers for Windows and macOS
- Box Drive which presents Box as a navigable icon on your desktop, giving you browsable access to terabytes of data without filling up your hard drive
- Box Notes is a collaborative document writer
- Box Sync replicates files across your devices and the cloud
University IT has deprecated Stanford Box — this is not the same instance as Medicine Box, however. Users with Protected Health Information can work with their local IT support teams and UIT to implement Cardinal Key if they wish to use Google Drive.
Medicine Box offers unlimited storage, though there is a 150 GB maximum file size.
Example Use Cases
- Personal file storage with automatic replication of some directories
- Department file sharing
- Sharing files with external collaborators
- Replacement for department file servers
Medicine Box accounts are automatically provisioned to all Stanford Medicine students, staff and faculty for free.
Support for Medicine Box is provided by Technology & Digital Solutions, a part of the School of Medicine and Stanford Health Care.