Stanford University and School of Medicine
Note: At present, this option is controlled only from the portal.
You have the option to receive Message Waiting Notification on your numeric pager.
To set up numeric paging:
- Log in to the web portal at http://myvoicemail.stanford.edu. (Remind me how)
The User Preferences page displays.
- Click Voice Mail
The Voice mail settings links display.
- Click MWN By Numeric Page.
The interface for setting up pager notification displays.
- Click Edit.
The Edit User Parameters page displays.
- Use the Notification enabled for arrow to select All Messages, Urgent Messages, or None.
- If you want to store messages in off time, check the box.
- In the Paging Number field, type in the Hospital/University paging system number (38222), or, if you are using another paging service, its ten-digit number.
- In the Dial String field, type in your dial string (pager ID). (If you are using a paging service other than the Hospital/University paging system, the dial string may not be required.)
- Choose your Notification Schedule for Normal Messages and for Urgent Messages.
If you want the Notification Schedule to be the same as your default work schedule, click the Same as work schedule radio button.
If you click Add Schedule, a screen will display that allows you to set up a customized schedule for each day of the week.
Note: You can find your default work schedule by clicking Options in the navigation bar, and then Work Schedule (under User Information) in the User Preferences screen.
- Click Update.