Stanford University and School of Medicine
People can send faxes to your phone extension. When your phone rings,however, you have no way of knowing whether it's a phone call or a fax. If you answer your phone and hear the fax tone, you can transfer the incoming fax to your mailbox:
- Press Transfer and dial 5-0000.
- Press *.
- Ignore the prompt to enter your mailbox number. Instead:
- Press * again (after a slight pause).
You will be prompted to enter the address for your message.
- Enter your 10-digit mailbox number.
- When you hear the mailbox greeting, hang up.