The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) lays the foundation and defines best practices for IT Service Management (ITSM) in order to align IT Services with business needs. ITIL is the underlying basis of ServiceNow, a Service Management application that is being broadly adopted at Stanford. This training covers the principles and core elements of IT service management (ITSM) based on ITIL 2011 edition. At the end of the training, participants will have an opportunity to complete the Certification Exam; a pre-requisite for additional ITIL Certification training.
Prerequisites: Familiarity with ITIL terms
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the principles and concepts of IT Service Management based on ITIL
- Identify the best practices of implementing ITIL in an organization.
- Define the terminology used in ITIL
- Identify the concepts and definitions used in the Service Lifecycle.
- Define Service Strategy concepts
- Define Service Design concepts
- Define Service Operations concepts
- Define Service Transition concepts
- Define Continual Service Improvement concepts
- Define the roles, processes, and components within key areas of IT Service Management based on ITIL
- Prepare the student to take the ITIL Foundation Certification exam
Participants will learn the principles and core elements of the service lifecycle approach to IT Service Management according to ITIL. An interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and case study experience to prepare participants for the ITIL Foundation certification exam as well as providing valuable practical knowledge that can be rapidly applied in the workplace. A case study deepens the participant's appreciation of how ITIL best practices can be applied in order to improve IT performance.
About the Examination:
- The exam is closed book with forty (40) multiple choice questions.
- The pass score is 65% (26 out of 40 questions).
- The exam lasts 60 minutes.
- The exam can be taken in two formats: Paper based or Online.
Upon successfully achieving the ITIL 2011 edition Foundation certificate, the student will be recognized with 2 credits in the ITIL® qualification scheme.
Project Management Institute - Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 21