In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
Learn the features and functionality of Google Drive. Learn to create and manage Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides. Explore best practices for managing cloud-based files including publishing, sharing, and permissions.
Make sure you are able to access Google Drive via http://webdocs.stanford.edu.
Key topics covered:
- Intro to Google Docs Files: Creating, uploading, and organizing folders, documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and forms.
- Document Collaboration: Learning how to share and collaborate on documents simultaneously with users within and outside of your organization.
- Google Drive Apps: Download, install and use Google Drive applications to access, edit, and sync files across devices.
- Formatting and Formulas: Learning basic tricks to format content within documents and analyze data using formulas within spreadsheets.
- Presentations and Forms: Building dynamic presentations and forms that can be shared from a local device or computer, published to the web, or embedded in a website.
What you will be able to do as a result
- Create, upload, download, export, and publish documents, spreadsheets, forms, and presentations
- Sync files that can be accessed from any device, on or offline
- Format content and manipulate data within files
- Manage permissions of files and folders and assign viewing, editing, and commenting rights
- Design and maintain an organized, cloud-based file structure to increase team productivity
- Build custom forms, then collect and analyze response data with filters, formulas, and charts
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.