This session introduces the pilot GitLab service at Stanford. Managed by University IT, the Git revision management service allows you to assemble your own project team, track issues, and share project code with fine-grained access control.
- What is GitLab, and how it is implemented at Stanford
- How to get started: signup and create your GitLab project
- Simple workflows with GitLab
- Security – groups and project visibilities, data security
- Integration (advanced topic) – Slack/GitLab CI
This is a basic GitLab introduction session, not a Git tutorial training.