In this live online class, learn best practices for using the communication tool Slack. We will cover how to get started, how to collaborate virtually, and how Slack can transform your work life.
Topics covered in this class include:
- Understand how Slack addresses some of the challenges of working in a remote workspace
- Recognize the key benefits of Slack as a collaborative tool, especially in comparison to Jabber and email
- Comprehend the basic terminology of Slack: workspace, channel, direct message
- Know three different ways to use Slack and their pros and cons
- Gather information by exploring channels on Slack
- Engage and communicate with people in channels and direct messages
- Contribute knowledge in Slack through a variety of ways
You will receive a follow-up email from Stanford Technology Training with information on how to join this session.
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.