Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, all Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
Learn how to edit videos with iMovie. Develop the incredibly-valuable skills of video production. Unleash your creativity and produce great video projects for your department, your family, your blog or YouTube channel - if you choose.
Let's face it, video production these days is solidly mainstream. Wherever you go, you realize that you need to learn it immediately. Because everybody else seems to know how to do it. In fact, you may feel completely left out every time you see that next-door kid become an instant YouTube celebrity - almost overnight.
iMovie is easy and simple to setup, quick to learn, fun to use, and helps you tap into the full processing power of Apple's computer technology for maximum results. With such awesome payload of power at your fingertips, you can begin cranking out amazing pro-level videos immediately.
In this class your learning curve will be nice and smooth. No prior experience in video editing is necessary. In the short one-day session, you'll start from scratch and quickly progress to editing and producing your masterpieces. All the key concepts and techniques will be clearly explained and demonstrated.
This is what you should expect to learn in this class:
- How to comfortably navigate and understand the iMovie user interface for ultimate productivity.
- How to efficiently import your media into iMovie.
- How to clearly understand iMovie's organizational hierarchy.
- The best ways to quickly organize your media inside iMovie.
- How to create your projects.
- How to add clips to your projects.
- Effective ways to edit, manipulate, and transform clips in your projects.
- How to take advantage of video effects.
- How to add titles and transitions to your projects.
- Working with chroma-key, green-screen effect.
- How to create captivating pro-level movie trailers.
- How to efficiently work with still images.
- How to and work with audio in iMovie.
- How to share your movies.
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.