Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
This course will cover advanced formulas and functions including VLOOKUP, showcase the benefits and use of conditional formatting, and introduce the best practices for arranging the page layout and printer settings for various spreadsheets.
This is the second session of the Stanford University Technology Training Excel Proficiency Certificate program. The program includes four half-day training sessions and a final exam challenge. In order to obtain your certificate of completion, you must attend at least three of the four sessions and successfully pass the final exam challenge.
VIEW THE ENTIRE EXCEL BOOTCAMP SERIES AND LEARN MORE >>
Note: It is not required to take the final exam challenge if you are just interested in the training session.
During this course, you will have the opportunity to:
- Advance your knowledge of cell value formulas and functions
- Learn the use of the VLOOKUP function
- Set up conditional operations
- Determine the ideal print setting and page layout for various spreadsheets and desired data sets
This session focuses on:
- Formulas and functions
- Use LEFT, RIGHT, MID, SEARCH, and FIND functions to parse cell values
- Combine values with CONCATENATE, CONCAT, and TEXTJOIN.
- Using the Text-to-columns
- Conditional operations with IF, SUMIF(S), AVERAGEIF(S), COUNTIF(S)
- Date and time functions (TODAY, NOW, MONTH, YEAR, DAY, DATEDIF)
- VLOOKUP function
- Page layout and print settings
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.