Before each sesson, Tech Training will provide a Zoom link for live online classes, along with any required class materials.
Note: This class offers an option for online and in-classroom sessions. Participants attending an in-person class will need to adhere to the Stanford Health Check guidelines.
This course will cover advanced formulas and functions including VLOOKUP, showcase the benefits and use of conditional formatting, and introduce the best practices for arranging the page layout and printer settings for various spreadsheets.
This is the second session of the Stanford University Technology Training Excel Proficiency Certificate program. The program includes four half-day training sessions and a final exam challenge. In order to obtain your certificate of completion, you must attend at least three of the four sessions and successfully pass the final exam challenge.
VIEW THE ENTIRE EXCEL BOOTCAMP SERIES AND LEARN MORE >>
Note: It is not required to take the final exam challenge if you are just interested in the training session.
Excel Bootcamp Series: Basics, or equivalent experience.
During this course, you will have the opportunity to:
- Advance your knowledge of cell value formulas and functions
- Learn the use of the VLOOKUP function
- Set up conditional operations
- Determine the ideal print setting and page layout for various spreadsheets and desired data sets
This session focuses on:
- Formulas and functions
- Use LEFT, RIGHT, MID, SEARCH, and FIND functions to parse cell values
- Combine values with CONCATENATE, CONCAT, and TEXTJOIN.
- Using the Text-to-columns
- Conditional operations with IF, SUMIF(S), AVERAGEIF(S), COUNTIF(S)
- Date and time functions (TODAY, NOW, MONTH, YEAR, DAY, DATEDIF)
- VLOOKUP function
- Page layout and print settings