The Meridian E.T. is appropriate for an individual or an area with above-average telephone activity (e.g., secretarial or receptionist positions, department answering points) when multiple telephone lines and one-button access to features are required.
- On-Hook Dialing — allows you to dial a number without lifting the handset. (After making a connection, you must lift and use the handset to converse.)
- Eight Assignable Feature/Line Keys — allow you to use features or telephone lines by pressing a single key. (Keys are assigned by Communication & Networking Services as specified by the Department IT Contact on the E.T. Features worksheet. See Ordering Instructions below.)
- Hold Key — allows you to place a call on hold without dialing an access code.
- Release Key — allows you to disconnect a telephone call automatically.
- Eight LCD Indicators — triangle “lights” next to feature/line keys remain lit or flash, as appropriate, to indicate when a line is ringing or in use, a call is “on hold,” or a feature (e.g., Message Waiting, Call Forward) is in use.
- Adjustable Volume Control for the Ringer and Speaker — allows you to adjust the volume for the telephone ringer and one-way speaker (used with on-hook dialing) to any of four levels.
- Multiple-Line — up to five telephone numbers may appear on the set.
- Base Style — low-profile, wedge-shaped desk set.
- Base Measurements — 8.25"W x 8"L x 3.5"H.
- Handset Style — contemporary-style “legacy” handset (cannot be used in acoustic couplers).
- Ringer — electronic sound.
- Fully Modular — modular adapters for attaching line from jack outlet to telephone set and for attaching handset to telephone set.
- Handset Cord — spiral cord from handset to telephone set extends 9 feet.
- Line Cord — line cord for connection between telephone set and jack is 7 feet.
- Colors — the Meridian E.T. is available in black with a matte finish.
The Meridian E.T. has no additional power requirements.
You can use the Meridian E.T. with Business Telephone Service. See Rates for details on the features and monthly rates.
Pricing and availability
The Meridian E.T. is available from University IT. For details on pricing, see the Rates page.
To order a Meridian E.T., you should order online at the Order IT site. Place an * under SET TYPE and specify set and color as “Meridian E.T. Ash” or “Meridian E.T. Black” under EXPLANATION OF WORK REQUESTED on that form. In addition, complete an E.T. Features worksheet. For more information about getting access to or using the Order IT site, see the help pages at Ordering Services for Faculty and Staff.