Cancel an existing UIT service for Vendors
Call the Service Desk at 5-HELP (4357) or submit a Help ticket to cancel service. You will need to provide a Vendor account number.
Cancel an existing UIT service for Residents
Residential services at Stanford West, Welch Road, University Terrace and others can be canceled by visiting the website below.
- Navigate to uit.stanford.edu/service/residential
- Select your residence then select Cancel service
- Complete and submit the request form
Cancel an existing UIT service for SCH, SHC, University or Students
Before you start
You will need the Request Viewer or Request Approver role in Authority Manager for your university org or hospital cost center to place a cancel order in OrderIT or just a SUNet ID to place a change/cancel order in ServiceNow. Refer to How to Request Authority for Ordering and Reporting for more information. Submit a help ticket for assistance.
These instructions will guide you to the appropriate form, but the key in the OrderIT system is to read the prompts on the page. The fields change based on your responses to earlier questions to guide you to the most well-formed order.
1. Navigate to orderit.stanford.edu.
2. Select your organization (Children's Health, Health Care, University or Students) from the options in the left-hand menu.
3. Select the service for which you would like to cancel.
Note: The example below shows how to cancel telephone service for a University staff.
4. Click the icon to cancel the selected service at the bottom of the page. The request form will open.
5. Complete the request form by entering the existing service number and all required fields marked with an asterisk (*).
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Add to Cart.
7. Click Submit Request to complete your cancel order.