Who needs access?
An employee whose job responsibilities may include one or both:
- reconciliation of department expenditure statements
- placement of orders for University IT
If you are unable to see a service or search for a subscriber on the OrderIT site, you may not have the correct authority. Submit a HelpSU request and state what service or subscriber you are unable to see.
How do I get access?
- Before requesting access, you must have a SUNet ID
- Once you have a SUNet ID, submit a HelpSU request.
Request Category: Web Applications, Web Sites
Request Type: OrderIT
OrderIT site access
For access to the OrderIT site, you must be authorized as a Department Contact and must have a SUNet ID.
Access to all other features on the OrderIT site is granted based on the University's organizational hierarchy. Authority for placing orders is based on service subscribers job-owning organization assigned in PeopleSoft. For example, employee Joseph Smith's job-owning organization is XXNA. This organization is assigned in PeopleSoft by your Human Resource department. Please provide your employees' job-owning organizations when submitting your HelpSU request for access to place orders using the OrderIT site.
For the Hospitals, the staff Organizations have been assigned using their departments Cost Centers where their paychecks are debited. The Hospitals will need to provide us with their cost centers for authorization for placing orders.
The authority types include:
- View reports: view, print, download monthly IT Services Billing statement. View all Client Reports.
- Place orders: place orders for new services, or make changes to existing services. The department is the job-owning org from PeopleSoft. You must know the organization where employees are associated prior to granting this access.
- View IT Services: search for and view, print, or download existing service information. The department is the job-owning org from PeopleSoft. You must know the organization where employees are associated prior to granting this access. Includes authority to Set Departmental Accounts to Place Orders: add or remove accounts from the authority of those with Place Orders access; relates to their online ordering ability only.