Using Cisco Proximity, you can easily share content from your laptop, smartphone, or tablet wirelessly in Cisco video-equipped meeting rooms.
To use Proximity, the device you want to share content from must be:
- connected to the Stanford Wifi (SSID: Stanford)
- in the same room as the video conferencing room system you are using
unmuted(Proximity uses sound detection to locate and connect your device to the room system.)
- Proximity is integrated with Cisco Jabber 9.7. If you have the latest version of Jabber, you do not need to download the Proximity application.
- Proximity is not recommended for sharing videos or content with animations. This includes slide decks with animation effects.
Download Cisco Proximity
- Locate the downloaded Proximity.dmg file on your computer and then double-click on it to start the Proximity installer wizard.
- In the install window, click the Cisco Proximity.app icon and drag the icon into the Applications folder.
For Windows OS
- Locate the downloaded Proximity.dmg file on your computer and then double-click on it to start the Proximity installer wizard
- From the summary screen, click Install.
- Once the install completes, a status window will appear. Click Finish to exit the Setup Wizard.
How to share content with Proximity
To share content, launch the Cisco Proximity application and follow these steps.
- The Cisco Proximity application will search for a Cisco Room System to share with.
- After the application connects to the room system, the status will change and the room system you are connected to will be displayed. To start sharing from your device, click Share Screen.
- To stop sharing, click on Stop Sharing.