Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook® is a plug-in for Microsoft Outlook® 2003, 2007, 2010, or 2013 that lets you import your current data from your Outlook or Zimbra account into a Google Apps Education Edition account. You can then keep using Outlook to access your Google Apps mail, contacts, and calendar, or you can switch to the Google Apps web interface.
Unless you use Outlook for mail merge or another business need, we recommend you use the Google Apps web interface. It has a number of features that Outlook lacks (Chat, the ability to Undo a sent message within 30 seconds), and it's one less program to troubleshoot if something is not working.
Note: Administrative privileges are required to install Google Apps Sync.
Creating a Google Apps password
When configuring a mobile device or IMAP/POP email software you will need to first create a Google Apps password to use with it. You will not be able to use the same password as your SUNet ID password.
If you have not yet created a Google Apps password, do so by going to tools.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/google-pass. You can use the same password for this connection and for your mobile device.
Installing Google Apps Sync for Outlook
- Close Outlook.
- Open a web browser and go to tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync/
- Click the Download Google Apps Sync button to run the installer. If you are prompted to Run or Save, choose Run.
The installer will run. You must have administrative rights on your computer to install this. If you don't, contact your local IT support. When it finishes, you'll see this window:
- In the Email address field, enter your Stanford email address (email@example.com).
- Below Do you have a Google password?, click Yes, I have a password, and enter the Google Apps password you created at tools.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/google-pass.
- Leave Remember Me checked and click Continue.
The following screen opens:
- In the Set Up window, uncheck the option to Import data from an existing profile and click Create Profile.
- When the setup is complete, click Start Microsoft Outlook.
- Microsoft Outlook will open and begin synchronizing.
- You can begin using Outlook immediately, but it may take several hours (up to a day) for all of your mail to synchronize.
- Your most recent mail is synchronized first.
- To view the status of your mail sync, point your mouse at the Google Apps Sync icon in the Windows notification area. (You may have to click the Show hidden icons arrow if it's hidden.)
- If you previously stored email on your local computer (in personal folders), continue to Adding Local Files, below.
Adding local files (.pst files)
- In Outlook 2007, click File > Data File Management .
In Outlook 2010, click File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Click the Data Files tab, then click Add.
- Click Outlook data file (.pst) and click OK.
- Navigate to where your PST file is stored (typically it is in the default window that opens or My Documents > Outlook Files).
- Select your PST file (typically called "Local.pst" but may be something like "Personal Folders.pst") and click OK.
Note: Do not attach PST files of items that were on the Exchange server during migration, as that has already been moved. Importing Calendar and Contacts again could create duplicate entries.
- In the Accounts Settings window, click Close.
- Your "old" mail will still be in folders under "Local Mail" or "Personal Folders" and your new mail will show up under "Google Apps."
- If you need webmail access to a message, you should drag that message to your Google Inbox.
- If your Outlook or Zimbra profile continues to open instead of your new Google profile, you need to switch profiles.