Departmental computing support services
Typical departmental computing support services include:
- Desktop support for Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android personal devices
- Setup, installation, and configuration of laptops and desktops.
- Consulting services for workgroups and organizations; business and purchasing advice; guidance and assistance with special projects.
- Assistance with secure computing, encryption, antivirus, software patches, and system updates.
- Network troubleshooting, wired and wireless connectivity, SUNet Local Network Administrator (LNA) support and departmental firewall management.
- Troubleshooting Essential Stanford Software and help accessing Stanford web applications, like ReportMart, Axess, Workgroup Manager, and SmartMart.
- General support for software applications such as Microsoft Office, EndNote, Adobe applications (Acrobat, Photoshop, Creative Suite), SPSS, MatLab, etc.
- Printer support, including connecting network and locally attached printers, driver installation, and troubleshooting printing problems.
- Migration of files between systems, data backups, and restores.
- Connection and troubleshooting of peripherals, like keyboards/mice, scanners, and external hard drives.
- Support for Virtual Desktop zero clients.
- And much more...
CRC also provides extended services that can be offered alone — or combined with our core services above for a more comprehensive support package.
- Server Administration offering comprehensive support for department and workgroup server systems. For further information, see Technology Consulting.
- Stabilization Services providing dedicated resources to transition client computing environments to a support level that is both manageable and predictable.
- Premium Support which reduces the ratio of desktops per consultant, providing greater client focus and faster response times, appropriate for more complex environments with special needs.
- Project Assistance creating a custom service offering for unique workgroup events, such as extended infrastructure overhauls, major department-wide system upgrades, inventory projects, and moves.
- Lab Management helping organizations with public access terminals and computing labs, including imaging, deployment services, and site visits.
- Room Support assisting with the set up, maintenance, and ongoing support for conference rooms and similar shared spaces.
- The Deployment Next Generation (DiNG) service can assist IT professionals with setting up devices for Stanford use.
CRC supports all desktop and mobile operating systems that meet Stanford security requirements.