NOTICE: The uninstall instructions include steps which may be confusing and if misapplied could cause potential harm. If you are uncomfortable or get confused at any time please stop and contact your IT support team for additional assistance.
The instructions assume that you have obtained an up-to-date installer from your IT support team.
Step 1: Open the Programs and Features control panel
- Click the Windows Start button.
- Click Control Panel
- Click Programs and Features
Step 2: Uninstall CrashPlan
- Click on CrashPlan from the list of installed programs.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- If prompted to confirm uninstall click Yes.
- If prompted to close CrashPlan click OK.
- The uninstall should proceed and complete without further prompting. You may close the Programs and Features Window.
Step 3: Confirm that the .identity file has been removed
- Click Start button.
- Click Search programs and files.
- Type cmd into search box.
- Click Enter key.
- In the command window type the following line exactly: del C:\ProgramData\CrashPlan\.identity
- Press Enter key.
This command is only to ensure that this specific file is removed as its presence can affect a reinstall of CrashPlan. On success you will be returned to the prompt screen, if the file was already removed or not present, then you will receive the message “Could Not Find C:\ProgramData\Crashplan\.identity.” Both are the result we’re after.
If you are going to reinstall CrashPlan, please proceed to the Windows Installation Instructions.