The instructions assume that you have obtained an up-to-date installer from your IT support team.
Step 1 — Install CrashPlan
- Double-click the CrashPlan file (filename CrashPlanPROe_Mac.dmg).
- Double-click the CrashPlanPROe disk image icon.
- Double-click the Install CrashPlanPROe icon.
- On the “Welcome to the CrashPlan Installer” screen, click Continue.
- On the “Software License Agreement” screen, click Continue.
- Click Agree to continue.
- On the “Standard Install…” screen, click Install.
- Enter your system password and click Install Software.
- The installation will now proceed. When it is finished, click Close.
Step 2 — Install Java (if required)
If, at this point, you are presented with a “Software Update” window, proceed. If not, skip to Step 3 — CrashPlan Setup below.
- At the “Software Update” prompt, click Install to install a Java runtime.
- On the “License Agreement” screen, click Agree.
- The installation will now proceed. When it is finished, click OK.
- If you are prompted to allow incoming network access for java, click Allow.
Step 3 — CrashPlan Setup
- Once CrashPlan is installed, it will launch and open a “Create your account” setup screen. On that screen, check the box labeled Login with Stanford Single Sign-on.
Generic Installers: If the next screen presents the “Create your account” dialog box, contact your IT support team before proceeding. Your installer is generic; you will need to manually enter the registration and server information.
- Fully Customized Installers: Your registration and server information is pre-built into your installer. Simply enter your Stanford credentials in the familiar WebAuth screen and click Login. Do not hit Retry. There may be a short delay.
- If prompted, enter your 2-step Authentication Code and click Login in the WebLogin window again. Do not hit Retry.
- Congratulations! Your CrashPlan configuration is now complete and you can close the control panel window. CrashPlan is now in the process of performing your first backup.