On this page:
In the admin console, you will primarily work with assets, computers, files on the computers, and rules to govern the behavior of those files.
Organizing the Console
- Save your own custom Saved View by typing a name in the box next to the Saved View drop-down menu, then clicking Add. Stanford specific Saved View names should always start with "SU -".
- Click on the name of an item in your view to see its available details.
- Filter the items in your view by selecting the box next to Add Filter and choosing an available property.
- Filter events by age by selecting the box below Max Age and choosing a value from the list.
- Filter on multiple values of a property by selecting the + next to a chosen property.
- View other properties by selecting Show Columns under the Saved Views and moving properties from Available to Selected.
- Group the items in your view by selecting the box under Group By and choosing an available property.
Using the Events view
- View events by opening the Reports menu at the top of the console and selecting Events.
- View event templates by selecting the box below Saved Views and selecting a template.
- View new unapproved file traffic by selecting the box below Saved Views and scrolling down to SU – Unapproved File Traffic.
- View file execution blocked events by selecting the box below Saved Views and scrolling down to Blocked Files (Unapproved).
- Approve or ban files locally by selecting a file activity event, then opening the Action menu and selecting Approve/Ban Locally.
- Approve or ban files across your environment, not just locally to one system, by selecting Approve/Ban by Policy.
Using the Assets view
- View the file catalog by opening the Assets menu and selecting Files.
- View computers by opening the Assets menu at the top of the console and selecting Computers.
- Move computers from one policy to another by selecting the computers, opening the Action menu, and selecting Move Computers to Policy.
- Move computers into Local Approval mode (which temporarily locally approves all new files) by opening the Action menu and selecting Move to Local Approval.
Note: Machines in Local Approval will not be visible to their administrators, and thus cannot be reverted back to normal enforcement level without assistance from ISO.
Using the Rules view
- View policies by opening the Rules menu at the top of the page and selecting Policies.
- Download an agent for a specific policy by selecting the Cb Protection Agent Software link to the top of the console.
- Write a file rule for a single file by following these steps:
- Select Software Rules from the Rules menu.
- Select the Files tab and select Add File Rule.
- Name the rule in this format: SU-<group name>-<application name>-<short desc.>
- Example: “SU-ISO-BigFix-Software-Deployment”.
- Input a description, open the drop-down menu next to Rule Type, and select an action.
- Select Save & Exit.
Viewing approval requests
View approval requests by opening the Tools menu at the top of the admin console and selecting Approval Requests.
- As the agent blocks files, the user can request the file be approved by inputting some reasoning and submitting a request through a pop-up window.
- Periodically review this queue for activity.